Halloween Driving Safety Tips
October 27th, 2016 — Martinson Agency LLC — Chaska, MN
Help protect trick-or-treaters by following these driving safety tips on Halloween. Be especially careful between 4:00 pm and 8:00 pm, when roads and neighborhoods are at peak activity.
- Drive slowly, and don’t pass stopped vehicles. The driver might be dropping off children.
- Park your mobile phone. Avoid distractions by waiting until you’ve stopped to call, text, or surf. Get more mobile phone safety tips.
- Watch for children darting into the street. Kids can cross the street anywhere, and most young pedestrian deaths happen in places other than intersections.
- Yield to young pedestrians. Children might not stop, either because they don’t see your vehicle approaching or don’t know how to safely cross the street.
- Communicate with other drivers. Always use your turn signals. And if you have to pull over to drop off or pick up your kids, turn on your hazard lights.
Keep Your Own “Trick-or-Treater” Safe!
- Teach them how to safely cross streets. They should look both ways and cross only at corners and crosswalks.
- Consider indoor community Halloween programs for younger kids. Some communities also offer to help you inspect your kids’ treats to make sure they’re safe to eat.
- Brighten them up. Give them flashlights and glow sticks, and/or use reflective tape on their costumes, so drivers can see them.
Don’t leave your insurance to luck! Call today us today!
Phone: (952) 314-4400