Do Your Part to Help Keep Halloween Safe
October 29th, 2015 — Martinson Agency LLC — Chaska, MN
Halloween is right around the corner. This means that you will have a number of little ghosts and goblins showing up at your door in search of tricks and treats…well mostly treats! The following is a list of things you can do to ensure that you avoid any accidents or injuries on this holiday.
Around The House:
- Remove anything a child could trip over, such as garden hoses, toys, bikes or lawn decorations from the porch, driveways, sidewalks or front yard.
- Make sure your yard and front porch is well lit.
- Sweep wet leaves or snow away from sidewalks and steps.
- Be sure to keep a watchful eye on your pets when kids start coming to the door to collect their candy.
In The Car:
- Popular trick or treating hours are 5:30 to 9:30 pm. During these hours be especially alert for kids and be sure you are driving slowly through neighborhoods.
- Pay extra attention to crosswalks, intersections and the side of the road. Kids tend to walk along the curbs, cutting across the street to get to other homes. Keep scanning all around as you drive, whether you’re driving or following along with your children. Enter and exit driveways and alleys slowly and carefully.
- If you are dropping off or picking up children, pull off the road into a safe spot and turn on your hazard lights. If you go with your kids from door to door, leave the hazard lights on.
- As always, make sure you’re not using your phone or any other electronic device while driving.
Does your home or auto policy include protection in case a Halloween guest of yours is injured? The most expensive part of insurance is being underinsured or uninsured at the time of a loss. Don’t let this happen to you. Give Martinson Agency in Chaska, MN a call today to discuss your current policies or inquire about purchasing additional protection. Happy Halloween!!
Don’t leave your insurance to luck! Call today!
Phone: (952) 314-4400