Dangers of Distracted Driving
February 10th, 2017 — Martinson Agency LLC — Chaska, MN
The dangers of driving drunk are well documented. Over the last few years, there have been many campaigns aimed at raising awareness about driving under the influence. Designated drivers, “Friends don’t let friends drive drunk” and “Drink responsibly” are now mainstays of media and social consciousness and intoxicated drivers are heavily fined and penalized.
Yet there is another behavior that:
- Is six times more likely to cause an accident than DWI
- Makes you 23 times more likely to crash
- Is the same as driving blind for at least five seconds (the time it takes a car going 55 mph to travel the length of a football field)
- Is being practiced by approximately 800,000 drivers at any given time
And the results of this behavior are horrific. This behavior:
- Causes nearly 25% of all car accidents
- Results in 1.6 million accidents and 300,00 injuries every year
- Causes 11 teenage deaths every day
This behavior is distracted driving. Distracted driving includes but is not limited to: texting, tweeting, using snap chat, changing songs, talking on the phone and eating. These activities can always wait until you arrive at your destination. Put the phone down. It can save a life.
Don’t leave your insurance to luck! Call today us today!
Phone: (952) 314-4400