Can You Still Pass Driver’s Education?
July 21st, 2017 — Martinson Agency LLC — Chaska, MN
We all think we know the rules of the road. But you might be surprised to learn that even common driving habits can be unsafe. So take this simple quiz to ensure you’re utilizing the safe driving essentials:
- What is a good way to avoid cell phone distractions while driving?
- Call your friends to tell them you are driving
- Turn your phone off until you are parked
- Only answer important calls and texts
- A car is in front of you. What is the minimum safe following distance?
- 3 seconds
- 3 car lengths
- 10 feet behind
- You are driving on a two lane road with a double solid line. You may pass when:
- A vehicle has hazard lights on
- You may not pass or change lanes at any time
- A vehicle is going 10 MPH under the speed limit
- When a driver tailgates you, you should:
- Lightly apply brakes
- Slow down and move to the right
- Speed up
- Two cars reach an intersection with stop signs at the same time. Who goes first?
- Driver on the right
- Driver on the left
- Driver turning left
- When confronted by an aggressive driver you should:
- Gesture for them to slow down
- Avoid eye contact
- Pull over and stop
- You are driving on a multi-lane road and see a stopped emergency vehicle ahead. You should:
- Come to a complete stop
- Shift lanes and slow down
- Slow to half the posted speed limit
Following these driving tips will make the roads a safer place and can also keep your insurance rates in check. If you think you are paying too much and are interested in a free policy review, please give Martinson Agency a call today!